• 1 star 1 ( 1% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• nice led GU10 bulbs

posted by lasermanathome on 01/15/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Gives (not too)) warm white light without flickering.
    The diffussor prohibits blinding or narrow spot.
    WQhen NOT enclosed they become not too hot

Cons:

Lifetime has been proven a problem, in one month one gave short circuit and anmother one goen on and off low frequent when it becomes warm.
    Test with a lover voltage (I used a variac) dit not help enough, possibly weak smd parts, I have never had a shipping with so much drop out, the one with shortcircuit showed , openen the plastic connectortube to inspect the driver, a big
    ravage and partly exploded PCB and parts.
    For me is was clear that the primairy systemn had failed.
    The other bulb could not be brought in a soituation without flickering, about 1 Hz what was very anoying.
    Probably a serie produced on a monday morning

OtherThoughts:

Becaus I have otherwise not many dropouts and now two of three a bad hair day or black monday or friday must be the cause.
    It did some damage of my feeling of reliability to DX
    Compensation should follow.

Bottomline:

Normally spoken a very good bulb for GU 10, these types have switshing dribers, not capacitive, cheap AC drivers, like most SMD GU10 and other SMD bulbs.
    These bulbs give uninterrupted DC power to the five one watt WW leds, when they work properly.
    When the bulbs are defective, the leds themshelve are not the cause, the very higt6 efficiency of these one watt emitters is very good, the lumens0value is not exaggerated

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections