• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
100% functional to a bargin price
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• It works quite well, and it doesn't feel cheap

posted by pcsrule on 01/28/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The cabling, earpiece and connectors do not feel like cheap plastic and they are all rubberized. It connected to my radio just fine and the audio levels were very good. I was able to transmit clearly even in very noisy environments and it's nearly impossible to get feedback when other radios are nearby. The ear tube dampens squelch crashes quite a bit so if you are using this without reverse burst you won't blow out your eardrum.

Cons:

The transmitted audio can be understood, but it sounds very odd with some words/sounds and a bit muffled. People have told me it didn't sound like my voice. The earpiece works fairly well but lacks a bit on the high frequency end, so it sounds a bit muffled. It was still very usable though.

OtherThoughts:

the cables have more than enough length and there is a convenient movable clip that affixes the PTT and earpiece cables together. The PTT button is just the right size and the button is rubberized with a nice click to it when pushed.

Bottomline:

Overall it's great for ten bucks and doesn't feel horribly cheap. If you're looking for something like this, get it because even far more expensive ones aren't going to make the audio much better.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections