DX » Community » Reviews » TEMPer USB Thermometer Temperature Recorder for PC/Laptop
  • 5 star 6 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 42% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bysande80 on 05/30/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Quite cheap. Does what it says. Built with nice materials. Cons:I ordered two of these. I couldn't get them working at the same time on any environment. Tried Windows, OSX and Linux without any luck. With one sensor, it does give you a reading, but the softwar... Read more

0 0
  • posted byVFgroup on 05/25/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Working with linux (I have kernel 3.02+), usb ID USB IDs 0c45:7401, one interface - temperature. No drivers for linux included, I use TEMPer from git https://github.com/bitplane/temper. Stabile temperature hysteresis Cons:+/- 1 degree celsius difference- need... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySteffanS on 08/21/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Works with Linux and Windows. fast readings, when i run the script it reads almost instant Cons:Mine shows 6 degrees Celsius too much, but i scripted me out of that one to get the correct temp, and now works fine If i run the script to read the temp at some unlucky mome... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjoaraujo on 07/17/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:good price and very easy to use without any driver on a Linux machine or a Raspberry pi and python ;) I have now this sensor also plugged into a Synology NAS without any problem (except the calibration error). The machine is always reachable so no need to add... Read more

0 0
  • posted byFulgoreAV on 05/02/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Acurate Sensor for a very low price. Solid metal stick. Buildquality looks very good. Good driversupport for both x86 and x64 windows versions. Cons:Software has bugs and is poorly documented. It's not possible to read multiple sensors although the program see... Read more

0 0
  • posted bygeshabeli on 04/07/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Small, made of steel (or some kind of), can be attached to something. I use it for logging the temperature at home. I use it with pcsensor, which you can find here - http://www.delete.com.br/monitorar-temperatura-usando-nagios-microdia-usb-termometer/ (transla... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysergiambel on 02/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Great material quality. Cheap Spends very low energy Cons:The included software has some bugs. You'll need an extension usb cable not included. OtherThoughts:Is a good option. You can use the included software to dump the reads in a csv file and use the TEMPer... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPetrStk on 02/11/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:It's a plug&play thing. Small, relatively cheap, very simple to use. Well built. The temperature reported is very precise, down to hundredths of degrees Celsius (like 24.48C). Cons:The reported temperature has an offset by 3-4 degrees so you need to calibr... Read more

1 0
  • posted byDehumanizer666 on 10/27/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It works, the build quality is really good and it does the work. I have been able to get it work under linux too (google "edorfaus tempered", that is the driver which works for this device) Cons:None that I have observed OtherThoughts:I haven't been ab... Read more

3 0
  • posted bysanderj on 07/22/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Solid housing, OK price, works under Linux lsusb ID is: "Bus 002 Device 025: ID 0c45:7401 Microdia". I use it with the file pcsensor.c under Ubuntu Linux, and that works. Cons:The housing feels like metal. If it really is metal, that means temperature... Read more

4 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections