Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Simple to install (just plug it to your wii)
- No need for batteries or anything
- It indeed improves image quality
- Delivers the 1920x1080 (FullHD) resolution it promises
- It seems to use two different filters for each resolution
- Could be cheaper
- Plastic used on the shell feels a little rough
- it has a blue LED light that is always on and is a little too bright
It is a big dongle you put on the back of the wii, adding some 6 centimeters to the back of it, plus the HDMI connector, so you have to make sure you have plenty of space behind your console. On my Samsung 27'' TV (FullHD compatible) it seems to apply two different filters for each resolution used, when on 720p you notice only a little improvement over the RCA A/V cable, and on 1080p the image becomes more refined, however, scanlines are harsh in this mode. You can change the picture mode by inserting a paperclip or mechanical pencil tip on the button under the logo.
I like it because of the HDMI output and the slight improvement on picture quality, however, I would recommend thinking twice before spending 30 bucks on it.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.