Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byRVILAV on 06/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 weekPros:Very small size. USB connector fits perfectly into the PC connector. Pins are correctly labeled , even on both sides. Comes with four cables with color codes and connectors for rapid testing. Finally it's a good price.Cons:No cons for the moment !OtherThoughts:Be... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrpiccinini on 01/28/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 weekPros:Good quality assempling. Once installed the Silabs drivers, this converter worked at the first attempt and it was detected as a Virtual serial port by the PC.Cons:There are no instructions or drivers included in the envelope, but they can easily found from the si... Read more

1 0
  • posted byrickyzhang on 01/12/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 monthPros:It's a good aid to output serial port message from my Hackberry arm board. Especially for debugging u-boot, which can not be found in dmesg. I lived in the dark for a month when hacking linux kernel for my allwinner a10 device(mk802 ii and hackberry board). With the help... Read more

1 0
  • posted byXepost on 12/20/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:It is good and cheap and very useful for DIY project the driver can be easily found with a little bit of browsing. The driver works vell with win x86 and x 64 systemsCons:Unfortunately the driver for linux is not working properly this is related due to the chip it is usi... Read more

2 0
  • posted byRiZZaK on 12/15/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 monthPros:- Good packaging - Quickly and without delay brought - High-quality soldering - Includes cable with chips to connect the device, which is very convenient, there is no need to invent something extra - The unit is easy to define and set the computer - Find the dr... Read more

View 1 View 2 View 3
    4 0
  • posted byjoseito17 on 11/24/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:this item allows make a serial communication throught TX and RX pins. I use it with AVR chips and hyperterminal V7.5, this item is very imprescindible for me. Also, another feature is as power source of 3.3Vdc and 5Vdc and GND, a good extra operation.Cons:have wires with... Read more

the products that came 5 pins wire with FTDI
    2 0
  • posted byjimakosb on 08/16/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:I use it to recover my IPCams firmware, from wrong firmware update. Very easy to use, if you know what to do with it. I fix the two cameras in few minutes.Cons:Works out of the box on Windows 7. No drivers needs. It support, a 5V and a 3.3V, usefull for mamy ap... Read more

2 0
  • posted byWocket2 on 11/14/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 monthPros:Standard USB to serial converter (but not with RS232 levels), works out of the box with Ubuntu Linux. Probably useful to connect to the serial port on routers and other embedded devices. On Ubuntu 11.10 you need to remove the brltty daemon first (but that's the... Read more

2 0
  • posted byCarlosLint on 11/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 monthPros:This is a tool that everyone which likes electrical engineering and/or hardware (and often software) hacking needs to have. It will not work on standard RS232 levels, which is somewhat bad, but for that you can buy a usb-serial adapter anywhere in the world, in... Read more

2 0
  • posted byanimalillo on 10/24/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 dayPros:- Simple device - Small size - Lightweight and - Working. - It includes a cable, so you can easily connect it to any application you are going to use it. Cons:- It could be cheaper - And maybe a little bit more protected, like in some kind of case... but maybe th... Read more

2 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections