DX » Community » Reviews » 8X Seven Segments Display + 8X Key + 8X Double Color LED Module for Arduino
Customer’s impression:
awesome item Insanely cheap
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byAlphageekYVR on 10/03/2014

I just can't believe how cheap this is... and really well built. It's cheap enough that if all you want it for is the 8x7seg display for an output display in a project it's still a steal. There are many great examples on the Net for helping you get this working with an rPi or Arduino so get one and get ... Read more

Impression:Insanely cheap, awesome item;

0 0 0

• posted bytupitochka on 04/01/2014

Just need only five connectors to arduino PCB (+5,-,DATA,CLK,STROB). Only 3 pin busy. Many examples of code at internet. not available, really. Large size is not even drawback Library code TM1638 in public domain http://code.google.com/p/tm1638-library/ Large bright two-color 8 LEDs (RED/GREEN/NONE) ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byjthatcher on 09/08/2013

Very cheap and easy to use. The main library for it is available and well-known on the Internet, but requires a bit of skill to get working. 7-segment display was very bright. This could be considered a pro in some cases though. Also, the cable connected on the front of the board, which could make mounting ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byz0rgy on 08/01/2013

Easy to use, very tolerant to errors and is simple to implement. Arduino library is very easy to understand (and even create), can use basically any 3pins (for one module). And that is very handy. Never could use it for anything else than prototyping, since the connector is higher than the buttons could ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bytnvd on 06/20/2013

So many input output over a i2c connection. Can even be daisy chained, but each board need its own select. For more info on the used chip and how to use with arduino, check this out: https://code.google.com/p/tm1638-library/wiki/Reference Anyhow, this is an excellent item. Impossible to build your own ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bygeds on 05/25/2013

Easy to use, works great. I connected it to my Arduino Mega AT1280 and it works as expected. Buttons, LEDs and digital display work. I don't see any except that I forget to buy some cables/wires to connect to my arduino board. Since I'm getting back into playing with electronics, I didn't have any cables ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byAradLeds on 04/28/2013

Product is built well and strong, based on the TM1638 chip, there is a free downloadable library to work with: http://code.google.com/p/tm1638-library/wiki/DefaultConstrutor Compared to what you pay you get a lot, because it contains a keyboard, display, LED, and more expansion option, it costs you only ... Read more

My Name On 7 Segment! Timer or Clock SuperStoper V0.2 A.E.Tec (Main Screen)

0 0 3

• posted bybfridman on 04/14/2013

Can be used as simple keyboard and 7-seg LED monitor. Theoretically it is possible to extend the module to 24-keys keyboard by soldering 16 other keys to existing 8 keys. On the card are activated only 8 keys from 24. Also standard Arduino library supports only these these 8 existing keys. The datasheet ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byCicatrice on 04/13/2013

This board can be driven with only 3 pins from Arduino. It is a perfect choice if you want a large and cheap display for any use (clock, scrolling display, ...). Switches and double colors LEDs can be used easily. Ok, it's hugly, but it's work pretty well ! I would prefer a board less bigger, with pins ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byjcaso26 on 03/04/2013

Article relatively easy to use, long as you have some help. It has many uses. It has everything I need to make a traffic light and a tachometer for scalextric. Its price is very good, when compared with all the separate components, plus save a lot of work programming the micro If you find a counter, ... Read more

0 0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections