DX » Community » Reviews » Nano V3.0 for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
  • 5 star 43 ( 61% )
  • 4 star 25 ( 36% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 2 ( 3% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cheap Arduino knock-off

posted by pswan on 11/27/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This Arduino Nano clone is among the cheapest I have found, it's reasonable well built, the voltage regulator on mine seems to work (I've tried powering it using a 9V battery connected to VIN and GND with success).

Combining this with all the standard pros of the Nano (small size, lots of pins etc) and we have a winner

Cons:

The NAME! Seriously DX, don't screw Arduino over by misusing their name. Rename this Nano to DXuino or something similar and add the text "Arduino compatible". This way I can continue buying this product without feeling like a crook.

The pin labels are a bit cramped together, sometimes making them hard to read, this is not the case on the real Arduino Nano manufactured by Gravitech where the text is much easier to read.

The packaging was sub par in my opinion, it was delivered in a zip bag without any kind of protection for the pins which could easily have been bent during shipping.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Cheap, useful Arduino clone, with a name that should be changed ASAP. Some problems with the voltage regulator have been reported but mine worked. Will buy again if the name is updated.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections