• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• At last!

posted by Orky86 on 07/29/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Finally a Compact Flash Card Reader for the iPad! I have the genuine Apple Camera Connection Kit but it only support SD Cards or need an USB Cable to import from other cameras. This reader gives me great possibilities to deliver photos straight from the assignments via my iPad 2.
    Is delivered in a nice box and with a good connection cover to protect the extruded connector.

Cons:

The reader itself seems real solid. My only worries is the iPod-connector that supports the whole weight of the card reader and any memory cards mounted. If you act careless I think it will break pretty quick. If you just import you pictures and then remove the reader I think it will last pretty long.
    It does give some error messages sometimes when you plug it in. Something about an import URL. Just dismiss the message and manually open "Pictures" on your iPad and the import dialog will spring open as it should.

OtherThoughts:

I work as a professional photojournalist and am always on the move. Normally I edit pictures on a 13" Macbook Pro but sometimes I leave it at home. My iPad on the other hand, I always bring with me. I have a mount for it in the car where I use it as a GPS. By having this Card Reader I can always transfer pictures quickly to the news desk.
    I shoot with the Nikon D3s and tried to import both RAW and JPG. Both files work perfect and you can zoom in on them both.
    I use Photoshop Express for editing and sadly it won't edit RAW-files. With JPG it works flawlessly. For me this ain't a big problem since I can produce JPG from my RAW-files using "NEF Processing" in camera after the photo has been taken.

Bottomline:

If you have an iPad and shoot with a camera with Compact Flash cards, waste no time. Order one now.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections