DX » Community » Reviews » PROMAX Replacement V-Brake Set for Mountain Bike (Front + Rear)
  • 5 star 6 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byomnibug on 10/16/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Great quality, comes with all pieces and bolts needed to put it together. With an allen key #5, it is a piece of cake. If you haven't messed with your brakes, I suggest to watch some youtube videos. I had to search online as it doesn't come with building schematics. Brake... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMetroB on 03/08/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Replaced steel V-Brakes on my old cheap bike...lighter and stiffer and less rusty (and they shouldn't rust since they are aluminium) brakes seem to react faster with less caliper travel and as a bonus they don't squeak which is a problem I haven't been able to stop befo... Read more

1 0
  • posted byFrituca on 12/09/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Low price, works very well from the first minute. As easy as any vbrake to install. comes with all the necessary parts to make a complete replacement of your old brakes. Cons:None that i can find. OtherThoughts:Not for downhill or racing but for city use it is... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydmmgualb on 09/12/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:-Good finish -Light enough -Solid construction -Comes with decent brake-pads Cons:I don´t see any cons, it´s a good entry level V-Brake set. OtherThoughts:When mounting this brakes on a colleague´s bike, I could see no flaws. The springs have go... Read more

1 0
  • posted bybudinero on 03/20/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:I remplaced an old V-Brake system in my bike, and it just do its work. It looks robust and is easy to mount. All allen screw has the same size. Package include all the piecen in the photo. It has the standard size. Cons:The rubber is not the best, but is bette... Read more

1 0
  • posted byabikerider on 03/19/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Good quality aluminum, nice black finish that matches my black bicycle nicely, doesn't have plastic parts like some cheap v-brakes, decent pads, easy install and adjustment, overall good quality fit and finish Cons:None unless you need more bling. These only c... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections