Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Needs better optics or lens.

posted by fightnut on 10/05/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's really bright, brighter then a Magicshine with a P-7 in it. It's small enough and lightweight enough. The price is nice and low. Very easy to mount on bars or helmet

Cons:

It's a spot light! Way too tight of a hot spot for mountain biking. You just watch a small ball of light bounce around on the trail, it's distracting.

Another con is that you have to cycle through all modes to turn it off.

Of course I wish they would do away with the strobe and give it a medium mode. The low mode is only good for trail side repairs, it's too dim to ride with.

OtherThoughts:

Here's the good news. If you have a orange peel (OP) textured reflector around that fits, this does a nice job of spreading out the hot spot and makes it MUCH more usable.

I borrowed one from my magicshine, I need to find a permanent one.

Bottomline:

If you can come up with a way to diffuse the hot spot, whether by using an OP textured reflector, or putting something on the lens (some people have used Glad Wrap Press-N-Seal), then this is a great light for the price.

I REALLY, REALLY hope that the manufacturers concentrate on improving the beam with better optics or better reflectors or lenses.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections