Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Decent light but quality control on battery case needs work.

posted by Cluey on 08/21/2012
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very cheap for the amount of light you get.
    You get the head strap included instead of a paid extra.

Cons:

The indicator light in the switch doesn't turn red when the battery is low, it just turned off on me!
    The battery could be better covered against rain.
    The case for the battery needs better quality control.

OtherThoughts:

I've had the light for about two months, as pointed out in the con section above I got no warning the battery was going flat, luckily I wasn't going very fast at the time it went out.
    I see a few complaints about the O-ring attachment method, this is the first light I've had like this and I didn't mind it. Perhaps a bit of rubber on the plastic would stop it moving a little better.

One problem I have had is that the battery holder failed on me and I've now lost it. :-(
    I can't think how 5cm of velcro can fail so it must have been the stitching on either the strap or the eyelet you loop the strap through.
    So keep an eye out on that if you've bought one.

I've ordered a replacement battery and another light, I've decided to order one with the T6 LED as I found this one a bit too dispersed for path and road riding. It will be handy off-road though.

Bottomline:

Good light for the money just keep an eye out on the stitching and recharge regularly as the LED indicator in the switch may not warn you in time.

You'll want to water proof the battery if you ride in the rain, I just put a balloon over mine and zip tied the neck around the wire.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections