There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very good value

posted by Hazman on 08/21/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Obviously it's pretty cheap, the software it comes with is OK (although the TV guide is not that great) and it produces a high quality picture.

Cons:

I've rated it down on build quality in particular because a couple of times while I was connecting it I touched the antenna end of the tuner box and got an electrical shock! With an antenna plugged in it's OK, but beware if you're particularly sensitive to electricity.

Additionally, it does not pick up one or two channels that we normally get in this area. Our family TV picks them up, although it has a more expensive stand alone Sony Freeview box attached.

OtherThoughts:

The software is reasonable and does the job, although it does have a background task which autoruns DVDs etc. It can be toggled to start with Windows but there's no way of stopping it from running when you close the TV software. Also, I couldn't pick up any channels with the packaged antenna, but I live at the bottom of a hill so I can't really mark it down for that. The bitrate for recorded TV is also quite high and it auto-separates the video files.

Bottomline:

For the money, it does a good job.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections