• Works great and built quality is good

posted by Baratgab on 01/16/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- Works great
    - Build quality is good enough
    - Price is great, but this is not a big surprise
    - Has a variety of practical uses; see below

- According to the package labeling, it is adjustable by turning the nut under the head

Cons:

I thought that the upper cover will be glass; but to be honest, I have a thing about dropping kitchen tools on the floor, and this plastic said to be shatterproof. So eventually this is not a drawback at all.

OtherThoughts:

These kind of thermometers are far more versatile than what the name and packaging suggests:

- Just like in the case of meat, it is great for measure baked cakes inner temperature.

- Also perfect to measure the temperature of milk, what is crucial for making cheese. (If the milk goes to hot, not only the casein condenses, but the whey too, making the cheese practically non-meltable.)

- Very practical to measure the water temperature if someone obsessed about making perfect green tea. :) As many of us know, different tea types (like Chinese/Japanese) calls for different water temperature and steeping time.

Bottomline:

I had no success finding similar thermometer locally for months, so I'm really happy with this product.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections