Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• 10x works great and can be used to look at diamond

posted by Reviewer1 on 07/07/2009
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

The clarity of this eyepiece is better than i expected for this price. I bought this to evaluate clarity of diamonds and the 10x works great for that purpose (diamonds are supposed to be rated under 5x magnification, fyi). i am able to read the laser inscribed GIA serial # on the girdle of the diamond with this magnifier-- surprising for this price.

The 10x view piece works perfectly at nose distance.

Cons:

I'm not so sure about the supposedly 20x view piece. I suspect it is actually a 5x, not a 20x. regardless, the '20x' is much more difficult to use and requires a steady hand since you have to hold it away from your face when using it. I find that i just end up using the 10x and I am very happy with that. I wouldn't buy this is you only need a 20x device-- you'll be dissatisfied.

OtherThoughts:

For the price, you just can't go wrong with this if you need it to view diamonds or watches. I wouldn't suggest this for use in repairing watches, since it takes one hand to hold this.

The metal holder is also very durable.

Bottomline:

If i ever need another one, i'll buy this again- i'm very satisfied with this purchase for my needs.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections