Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Sturdy, Well made zippo-style lighter

posted by tdotidle on 05/18/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The case and design feel like they're high quality and very sturdy. Same level of detail and materials I'd expect from a genuine zippo.

Like all the star lighters I've encountered, the only real visible difference from a real zippo is the name on the bottom and the direction of the grain on the strike wheel.

The lid even opens to the same angle as a genuine zippo I compared it to.

Cons:

None, I actually like this lighter quite a bit.

OtherThoughts:

The "star since 1988" part makes no sense to most people, but they generally assume it's a reference to something they don't know about, just as they generally assume it's a real zippo. Only one person has ever asked what that actually meant.

It's susceptible to scratches if it takes a certain amount of force or there's a really sharp edge, but they really just add character to it.

Bottomline:

This is one of my new favorite lighters, and that's out of a large and growing collection (mostly because of DX, of course.)

It's a bit pricier than the cheapest zippo-style lighter on DX, but it's cheaper than many of them, and it's well worth the price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections