There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pretty accurate for being so cheap looking

posted by trypsin on 02/14/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-I tested the accuracy against a google maps routefinder website, and it's pretty accurate.
    -The battery is still going, and I've had this thing for over a year now, although I don't use it daily.
    -The auto-off function is probably why it's saving so much battery life.
    -This is a good starter model, which will allow you to find out how much you really need a pedometer, or what functions you'd want if you decided to spring for a pricier model.

Cons:

-It's a little bit cheap feeling, but it works for casual walking and seems to have lasted.

OtherThoughts:

-Accuracy might be tied to what you're using this for, and how heavy you are walking or running. I'm only walking, and am 6'1'', so take that into consideration.

-For running, I'm thinking you might accidentally trigger it twice with each stride, which is possibly why other places sell running-specific, or adjustable pedometers.

-On that note, this functions mechanically, whereas the expensive pedometers generally will have thorough calibration routines, a non-mechanical function (such as a magnet on your other foot which is detected as it passes), or even be GPS-based.

Bottomline:

A good buy if you are casually exercising and just are a bit curious.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections