DX » Community » Reviews » Audio Visual Electroprobe (Voltage Detector Pen)
  • 5 star 6 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymocealc on 08/06/2012

This audio visual electroprobe is very simple to use. It has an on/off button. Just push the button and put the tip of the pen near the wire that you want to check. It has a flash light and sound to indicate voltage detection. It cames with batteries. It is a good product with a great quality. Read the manual and start to use it! It's very usefull in ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byParrotile on 09/09/2011

Easy to use, pocket sized, and it works! Good sensitivity level at 240v and works down to 110v too. The "power" button means a reduced chance of flat batteries too! None really - it does the job just fine, and providing you test BEFORE using it will provide the intended safety factor when working on "maybe live" installations! Useful ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynavara on 05/05/2011

- Very stardy - Very good design - Battery included - No mistake over 220 Volt. - Built quality very high, no difference with expensive ones. - On/Off switch - Warning voice is high and also it has a warning red light toward the tip. Not any cons, maybe I can say that it has been designed for American system because its tip a little wide, so I had to ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byfo3oz on 02/06/2010

Great price Comes with batteries none come to mind, I still use my multimeter mainly anyway. I bought one because it's good to double check anyway. This does the job well, has never been wrong. Actually, I have used this to good effect, sometimes your meter can't get a potential, while the voltage pen can detect some voltage present that's leaking to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byIntertracer on 10/01/2009

Nice look and feel are definitely the main plus of this product. Convenient to hold, gives off reasonably loud sound and pleasant light. Alarm is only triggered when a certain threshold is reached, volume doesn't change gradually but jumps from 0 to 100% at once. Thus, it only works in close proximity to the cables and doesn't give off any weak electromagnetic ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykleck on 09/04/2009

Good build quality. Nice rubber button. Belt clip is handy if you're using it in the field. There's only so much to say about such a simple device. I use for 240V testing without issue. Uni-T is a pretty reliable brand in my experience. Speaker snapped off the PCB when I dropped it from height onto ceramic tiles. My fault really. Safety wise, remember ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byPacShady on 03/09/2009

Good quality for such a cheap buy. Voltage wands like this usually cost much more, and this one so far seems to work just as well as other more expensive ones I've used. I've noticed this in some others I've used as well as this one. Sometimes these things can give false readings, possibly due to back voltage through neutral or what not, or maybe from ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byesoxrich on 01/20/2008

Cheap voltstick compared to branded units. Complete with batterys. Good material biuld. Says that it works from 90-1000volts bot mine does not work on 110volts but is fine on 240 and 415volt supplys. Great as a quick check but you should always rely on a proper electrical meter to be sure. Great tool at a great price. Get one! Read more

0 0
  • posted byokk123 on 10/06/2007

Build guality is excellent. Very good sensitivity. none Package including batteries. Great product for the price. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections