There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great cheap doorbell replacement!

posted by fastenuf on 07/26/2007

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The company that manufactured the doorbell on my house said most of their doorbells can be repaired. For around $100! Enter Deal Extreme! Works great. Plenty loud enough to be heard in all the main rooms of the house. No wires to install. Your choice of several chimes including a normal door bell sound. Range seems fine. Build quality excellent. Confidence inspiring package literature. LEDs light up when the bell goes off so it could be useful for the hearing impaired or when on headphones or while using power tools (the thing is so loud that it would be hard to miss in normal use).

Cons:

Doesn't look waterproof. The blue color may not go with your decor. The sender uses a battery I've never seen before, luckily its included, the literature says it will last a year (or was it two?) at twenty rings per day. We'll see. The ringer is so loud that it distorts slightly and theres no way to turn it down, maybe when the batteries get lower it will be quieter.

OtherThoughts:

This is just what I needed and at a great price. I wonder if one sender would send to several receivers. Then I could put one in the house, one in the shop, one on the back porch...

Bottomline:

Works great! Cheap no fuss doorbell or doorbell replacement!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections