Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• The ultimate flashlight

posted by dcfairbrother on 04/05/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Firstly, this is probably the most plausible Maglite knockoff you can buy. It looks, functions and feels exactly like a Maglite.
    This flashlight's body feels incredibly strong.
    The "Police" logo on the top is rather small, which for me is a good thing (because some people simply don't understand that it's also a brand name).
    It has a VERY wide spill, and it's VERY bright. I was using this in a fire staircase to check out how well it performed, and it lit the entire place up. I was really quite surprised.

Cons:

There seems to be a battery contact problem with the end tailcap. It needs to be twisted to a certain position for the flashlight to light up. I'll be buying some RE magnets from DX to fix this (by providing steady contact from the tailcap coil to the last D battery). Fairly easy to fix so it's not worth an RMA. The light functions just fine so long as you have the tailcap rotated to that particular position.

OtherThoughts:

In case you haven't realised, this flashlight looks completely ridiculous when you're walking around with it. After picking it up from the post office, I was getting odd looks just walking through my apartment's basement with it in my hand. Still, it's highly effective, and nobody will complain when you're lighting up a very dark room with it.

Bottomline:

The ultimate flashlight you can buy, for a great price. If you're considering getting it, don't hesitate - it will certainly exceed your expectations.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections