Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• The ultimate flashlight

posted by dcfairbrother on 04/05/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Firstly, this is probably the most plausible Maglite knockoff you can buy. It looks, functions and feels exactly like a Maglite.
    This flashlight's body feels incredibly strong.
    The "Police" logo on the top is rather small, which for me is a good thing (because some people simply don't understand that it's also a brand name).
    It has a VERY wide spill, and it's VERY bright. I was using this in a fire staircase to check out how well it performed, and it lit the entire place up. I was really quite surprised.

There seems to be a battery contact problem with the end tailcap. It needs to be twisted to a certain position for the flashlight to light up. I'll be buying some RE magnets from DX to fix this (by providing steady contact from the tailcap coil to the last D battery). Fairly easy to fix so it's not worth an RMA. The light functions just fine so long as you have the tailcap rotated to that particular position.

In case you haven't realised, this flashlight looks completely ridiculous when you're walking around with it. After picking it up from the post office, I was getting odd looks just walking through my apartment's basement with it in my hand. Still, it's highly effective, and nobody will complain when you're lighting up a very dark room with it.

The ultimate flashlight you can buy, for a great price. If you're considering getting it, don't hesitate - it will certainly exceed your expectations.

Post comment

DX Everywhere