• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• nice quality metal adapter

posted by algenonq on 05/13/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

My adapter arrived today. I have a lensmate and original canon adaptor so I can compare the quality of each.

This is solid - all metal construction. The filter thread is a little rough, but works fine with my filters.

Compared with the Canon (a plastic adapter), it is 1/10 of the price and fulfills the same function.

The Lensmate feels a little more solid on the camera, but again, is a lot more expensive.

Cons:

The one I received was marked for Canon S5 IS. No problem as it is the same dimensions as the S3 IS.

The adapter is a little loose (no more so than the genuine Canon model). I have heard teflon tape helps with this - I will investigate.

OtherThoughts:

For lens protection, having an adaptor permanently on with a UV filter protects both the lens element and the barrel of the lens from knocks and scratches. It also makes it easy to swap filters on the fly if they're screwed on to the adapter in advance.

Bottomline:

Buy one, now. At this price, buy several - they're cheap and useful.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections