• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very cool, one of the best tops...

posted by Tralornik on 04/22/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very cool light show and no annoying music.
    No launcher required...just skim it accross a table in one swipe and it will spin for about 30 to 60 seconds.
    Simple design uses centrifical force to push some contacts outward which then touch watch batteries.
    Batteries should last for a very long time, and if not, you can pop it open and replace them (if you do so with care)

Cons:

The build quality is a bit poor. After alot of use, the plastic notch that holds the spindle at the top broke on one of them. However, in fairness, my kids and I play smash-up-derby with them to see whose will hold up and spin the longest.

Also the outside plastic edging can chip (with rough use) and unfortunately tend to be sharp.

OtherThoughts:

my kids and I play smash-up-derby with them to see whose will hold up and spin the longest. (Very fun game...put them in a bowl type container and they will bump into each other and fight it out).

Bottomline:

Very cool and very inexpensive top (remember, you get two per order).

Extremely simple to use and is all around fun to play with. Not as exciting as the dance-show type tops that have lasers and music, but since the launchers on those break very easily, I think these have much more longevity and are a better bargain.

I just bought six more!!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections