Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good design let down by poor build quality

posted by Diceman_ on 03/05/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Uses AA's.
    Floody light pattern.
    Really cheap.

Cons:

Awful build quality, a burr in the battery holder tube makes the battery holder difficult to insert and remove. When I first put batteries in it didn't work, the battery holder was the cause so I disassembled it, used some contact cleaner, reassembled it and it worked after that.

Unfortunately it had two modes of identical brightness and a strobe (meaning one click on, three clicks off).

The battery holder wouldn't output power with rechargeables. Also, due to the tight fit from rechargeables being slightly larger I had to pry the holder out with a screwdriver.

A tad heavy, plus the strap is too tight at maximum length (as are all lights that share this common mount).

OtherThoughts:

Has unfocused LEDs, and relies upon the reflector to concentrate the light. Results in a good 180 degrees of light which makes it feel like the whole area is lit up.

Seems like the 67-LED one (sku.8834) has consistent quality so I'd recommend that one over this despite having too many LEDs and being more expensive.

Bottomline:

Try your luck, you might get a good one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections