There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works great with H/K GPS-300

posted by Digitap on 01/28/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This receiver boosted my GPS signal wonderfully!

My GPS unit (Harmon/Kardon GPS-300) couldn't get a signal inside my car due to the glass. Plugged in this antenna and it gets a great signal now, even with the antenna simply sitting on the dash.

Didn't need to mount outside the car!

Cons:

There is only a sticker covering the metallic magnet on the bottom of the unit, and it isn't applied evenly - would wonder if it would scratch exterior car paint.

It is very difficult to remove from the unit - it takes a lot of force. There's basically a metallic o-ring on this mmcx connector that secures the antenna into the gps unit. While it makes a good ticket connection, I worry about breaking the cable or doing damage to the gps unit when removing it.

OtherThoughts:

The supplied cord is pretty long - this could be a plus if you do need to mount it outside, but sitting coiled on my dash, it's kind of unwieldy.

I thought the solar glass in my car and van (both toyotas) would completely block all gps signals, but it turns out the built in receiver in my unit must just not be strong enough. With this antenna it picks up many sattelites, each with a decent signal strength and the gps reports "high" accuracy.

Bottomline:

You won't find a better price on an mmcx gps antenna - most run around $20-30.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections