Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Useful Variety, Well Built!

posted by nedmech on 04/08/2008
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Very useful set of drivers for a wide variety of small electronics projects! The selection of ends is pretty well-rounded and should be enough for most tinkerings. The case holds everything securely and the latch is even nice and snug so it doesn't open unexpectedly and spill everything. The overall size of the case is small enough that it's easy to pack into small pockets and take on the road!

The knurling (diamond pattern) on the collet (threaded sleeve that clamps the bits into the handle) is nice and deep, so it is easy to tighten and loosen for changing bits. And the pivoting red end on the handle is a definite plus so you can exert more force on the fastener while turning it.
    Each bit's shaft is stamped clearly and deeply, identifying what size and type of bit it is.

Cons:

The package (and images in the description) show that the set was supposed to have a bit that was T6 on one end and T15 on the other. Mine did not come with that bit. Instead it came with one that was PH0 and flat 3.0. This isn't such a big deal for me yet since I don't often run into projects where I need T6/T15 and actually do need the PH0 and 3.0 ends, but this could be a concern to some.

The handle material can get a bit slippery if you are prone to sweaty hands while tinkering. A rubber sleeve or grip-tape could probably solve that problem for most people. At least the shaft has some contour, so even if it's slippery, there's still something to grip.

OtherThoughts:

Some of the bits in my set seemed to have an excess of oil on them - either leftover from machining them, to prevent rust, I'm not sure. Not a huge issue, just a little unexpected when I picked them up for the first time.

Bottomline:

Great little set of handy tinkering tools at a reasonable price!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections