• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• it looks nice

posted by flashin on 08/31/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

this was the second light i bought from Dx back in feb of 08. i couldn't believe the price.

it has a very nice blue anodized finish. the build quality is pretty good, all the threads felt good and the body feels solid. the switch is a decent reverse clicky that feels sturdy.

it's easy to use, push the button.

runs on one aa. small enough to be an edc light.

i think it has a runtime of something like 8 years... i don't really know, but it runs quite a while on one battery.

Cons:

no where near 5 watts. not even 1/2 a watt. the keychain lanyard is the first thing to go, it isn't very strong. it has a quick release buckle on it that can comes apart pretty easily. i lost mine one day because the buckle came undone. (i guess that's my clumbsy ass fault, but i found it later)

it can be swapped out easily with another lanyard.(duh)

the "pill" is glued into the head/bezel making it a real pain to get apart. it looks like a good host for a mod if you can get it apart. the switch feels strong, but it's just pressed in the tail section. the switch is not threaded, but the tail section is threaded all the way.

it's just not very bright at all.

i don't know why the factory put such nice anodizing on a decently designed light body, then filled it full of junk parts.

OtherThoughts:

with the "cons" in consideration, this is only a $3-$4 light. you get exactly what you paid for. it's not very bright, but it does light up.

it would make a great modded light once you get it apart, (with out destroying it).

that electric blue color is just so cool looking. the manufacturers need to put that finish on some of the more expesive, better performing lights.

Bottomline:

they're ...ok.. if you don't need a real bright light. the price is rediculously cheap, so buy a bunch if you buy any. even with it's low performance people still want them 'cause they look so cool.

make good gifts for "normal people that aren't flashlight crazy" !!!

no offense intended, i am "flashlight crazy" and still like this light because it's BLUE !!!!.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections