DX » Community » Reviews » FandyFire 2100 CREE XP-GR5 5-Mode 350-Lumen White LED Flashlight with Strap (1 x 18650)
  • 5 star 6 ( 100% )
  • 4 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• A very worthy device

posted by Spydey on 03/28/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

One of the best spot/flood beam patterns I have witnessed in inexpensive Chinese LED flashlights! Usually the difference in illumination between spot and flood is rather stark, but not this light. The entire pattern would be quite useful in the dark without having to continually "hunt" around with just the spot because the flood is useless. Spot seems more focused than diffused. Flood dispersal pattern is just right for any application where a light like this would be used. This light packs a very decent punch for such a small package. I have an UltraFire WF-501B R2-WC regulated for 1000mAh (which is great) and this light is noticeably brighter with a vastly superior transition from spot to flood. Clicky works like it's supposed to. Medium and low settings to conserve power; ideal! Tailstands quite well even with lanyard attached. So small, welcome in just about any pocket you have! Don't like the assault crown? Unscrew it from the body and leave it behind!

Cons:

Like any powerful LED in a small package, the business end of this light gets quite warm quickly. It's supposed to; I left it on high for ten minutes; and even though the temperature seems alarming, you can still touch it and not get burned. It didn't continue to heat up; it reached a certain temperature and stayed there. Hell, this thing can double as a hand warmer with a rechargeable battery! People poo poo on the strobe and the S.O.S. functions. If you ever get in trouble, you might just appreciate these modes.

OtherThoughts:

I have read a review regarding a spring inside for the positive terminal, none for the negative and how a sharp jolt may temporarily cause a break in service. I put in a protected 18650 (SKU: 20392) and there is no movement or rattling of any kind whatsoever.

Bottomline:

I am even more pleased with this purchase than my UltraFire WF-501B R2-WC 5-Mode 250LM Flashlight (SKU: 106162)

Small, extremely bright and effective light! Bring extra 18650's with you if you're gonna be in the dark for a while. That's why I bought 6 spares!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections