Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
1) It's one of the nicest looking lights on DX. The chrome attack head bezel combined with the anodized black aluminum tubing is very nice.
2) I love the addition of the GITD tail switch. GITD = glow in the dark.
3) It can head and tail stand perfectly.
4) Bright. It's brighter than my old Dexlight (later 14500 version). The spot has a soft edge and more concentrated than the X2000 (P4-WC) when the X2000 is zoomed into the same level.
5) Removable attach head bezel.
6) Glass lens and smooth aluminum reflector.
7) Possible water resistance given there are O-rings in the head and tail screw portions as well as on the outer inside with the lens.
8) Wrist lanyard. 1 inch longer than the length of the light (measuring just the fabric loop end).
1) Threads are a bit rough.
2) Only works with a flat-ended positive (+) 18650 battery like SKU 4757 (http://www.dealextreme.com/p/ultrafire-protected-18650-3-7v-2400mah-batteries-2-pack-4757). Using other Trustfire 18650s require me to partly unscrew the light or else it will refuse to turn on.
3) Gets pretty warm (7/10) after about an hour of steady use. I don't recommend using it for longer than 30-50 minutes at a time.
Even though the attack head bezel can be unscrewed, the lens, reflector, and emitter (heatsink, etc) are not removable. It is sealed into the head portion of the light.
It's long and so far one of the longest tube lights I have from DX. I don't see this as a con, but it does make finding a good case/holder more challenging.
It's quite bright and from my own side-by-side observations, as bright as my Dexlight (14500 type). It's got a decent-sized spot that's pretty concentrated, smooth, soft-edged, and throws quite far (still quite bright at 20 feet away).
It's not a cheap flashlight compared to a slew of other offerings on DX. It's easy to use, except for the fact that only one 18650 battery will fit (has to have a flat positive head). Build quality is nice, though the threads could be smoother. Useful, but not for long periods (30-50 minute durations).
Bottom line? Worth the buy in my opinion. I'm itching to buy a second one. It's a nice looking flashlight. :)
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.