DX » Community » Reviews » 100W Hi-Fi Stereo Amplifier MP3 Player for Car/Motorcycle - Black + Silver (SD/USB)
  • 5 star 13 ( 72% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 28% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pretty good for the price

posted by hellonearthis on 07/09/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This is a really nice unit and pretty easy to setup.

MP3 playback is very sweet either from SD card or USB drive.

I powered this by connecting it to an old computer power supply and it works great.

The reomote does everything you could wish for with this device.

Cons:

I had a few problems, nothing major.

First I was using a 12v 10A power-supply used to power halogens lights, it was too grunty and that caused the system to make loud pooping/brups every so often. Using an old computer power supply unit fixed that.

Second was the remote, it's not very strong and when mine arrive it's backing was cracked and needed a little glue. It was an easy fix and still works fine.

Third was the USB drive, the drive name has to contain no space characters and be in FAT/FAT16 format to work. Not a big problem if you know about it.

Fourth was I had to find a power plug to go with the power socket on the Amp, kind of wish one was provided or it had a simple system of connecting the power.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

I like the unit, I use it in my studio to play MP3's and it does the job really well. It's not super loud and I don't think it would rattle the windows of a car or worry other road users if it was fitted to a bike, but it would to an ok job really.

But for less than $20 this amp is pretty awesome.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections