• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not bad at all...

posted by patryk79 on 01/03/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Had if for a day, thought it was a bit dim and yellow with 2xCR123 3.0v batteries, then I realized it's a 9v lamp so I bet its a lot better with 2xRCR123 3.6v batteries. I dropped in a Cree LED Module (sku#6090)for fun and it's awesome bright!! On 2xCR123 3.0v batteries it's about 150+ lm (extimated). Its a good light, nicely built, and for only about $10 it competes with all those other tactical lights costing 5x as much.

Cons:

Seems light in the hand, but that is my personal opinion. I like a light to feel a bit more solid in weight, but again this is just me being picky.

OtherThoughts:

Easily taked the 6P style dorp-in mods found on DX. If you want a long running, super bright light, drop in a nice CREE module and it rocks! I still cant believe who well this thing performs next to my SF, which cost a LOT more. Oh yea, and good job to DX for awesome shipping and customer service.

Bottomline:

Good bright light with 2xRCR123 3.6v batteries. Drop in an LED module for long runtime with bright light.

I will surely buy another one to mod with an LED.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections