Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Quality dropped but prrice remained

posted by Peterlm on 06/03/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Price is still affordable but hass lots of issues with this batch of three that I received.

The Quality of this product has dropped in comparison to the 3 other batches that I bought a few months back. The diameter of the inner tubing is too large and using unprotected 16340s will cause a lot of rattling in the tube. Two of the UltraFire models that I received had a spacer to separate the Xenon module and the batteries, however the contact points for the batteries to the Xenon module is just a low quality metal rivet which opens up in a flowery form and is a very lousy electrical conductor.

I had to screw the head of the Xenon module to a sweetspot and could not screw the head to fully tighten otherwise the Xenon module would not light up.

Bought SKU6090 to swap between LED and Xenon for extended battery life. Had been doing this since I bouught my first batch of lights.

Hopefully DX can inform the manufacturer to buck up on their quality. I dont mind receiving UltraFire or SuperFire units but the quality should be better than now.

Post comment

DX Everywhere