• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Quality dropped but prrice remained

posted by Peterlm on 06/03/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Price is still affordable but hass lots of issues with this batch of three that I received.

Cons:

The Quality of this product has dropped in comparison to the 3 other batches that I bought a few months back. The diameter of the inner tubing is too large and using unprotected 16340s will cause a lot of rattling in the tube. Two of the UltraFire models that I received had a spacer to separate the Xenon module and the batteries, however the contact points for the batteries to the Xenon module is just a low quality metal rivet which opens up in a flowery form and is a very lousy electrical conductor.

I had to screw the head of the Xenon module to a sweetspot and could not screw the head to fully tighten otherwise the Xenon module would not light up.

OtherThoughts:

Bought SKU6090 to swap between LED and Xenon for extended battery life. Had been doing this since I bouught my first batch of lights.

Bottomline:

Hopefully DX can inform the manufacturer to buck up on their quality. I dont mind receiving UltraFire or SuperFire units but the quality should be better than now.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections