There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cheap & cheerful

posted by Tusk on 08/01/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's cheap. I just needed a very basic unit that could handle MP3 via USB and SD card and this radio was the cheapest one that came with a remote control. Build quality is surprisingly good - for the price.Sound quality is better than you'd expect from a unit this size and price

Cons:

It has NO DETACHABLE FRONT PANEL, contrary to the description of this item.
    Also, the manual (actually a one page pamphlet) says its 4x45W, whereas there's a sticker on the unit that says 4x50W. No real issue for me, and everyone can see from the weight of the unit its actual power output is probably less than 10w.

OtherThoughts:

I used it for a tiny car that has poor speakers anyway so sound quality was not an item.
    Remote control and box on my unit are different from the ones in the pictures. The manual claims it has an AUX in - it hasn't. My unit came without the metal strip shown in the pictures.
    On an unrelated note- It seems DX have really cleaned up their act re. shipping. I got it just 10 days after ordering - Well done DX!

Bottomline:

It's very cheap for what it is and does. It would get 5* if it had a detachable front panel as the description says.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections