DX » Community » Reviews » 1000-1500 MCD 5mm Red LED Emitters (10-Pack)
  • 5 star 29 ( 88% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 9% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bykentpeh on 04/25/2014

Small price to pay for 5mm red LEDs. Bought it to repair my 3rd brake lights which few LEDs are burnt out. Hence, will replace all the LEDs with these. The minimum voltabge to have nice brightness is 2.2V. It can withstand up to 3V and is very bright. Nicely packed in bubble wrap. The leads of these LEDs are a bit soft, but it's ok if you are soldering ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrodserling on 09/25/2013

These really glow bright red. I have been using these in guitar pedal projects for a while now and have not had any failures. They seem to be well constructed. The 5mm size is a handy size to keep available at my work bench. They have a very clear lens. They also have strong metal leads which do not bend easily (which is a GOOD thing!) None that I have ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybruno320 on 08/12/2013

They are beautiful and very bright, even if it is in an iluminated room. The price is very good, since with the same amount of money I would be able to buy just two or three red leds where I live Nothing that I could think of. I couldn't test the durability but i think it will not be a problem It's good to have big quantities of spare leds. You never ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrenanpontez on 06/20/2013

They're very bright! Received all 10 on the pack. Calculate them as 1.8V and 20mA. Tested at a USB port and used 220R for the resistor. Worked very fine and very bright. Look at the pictures, I've taken one! There are really no cons, except for the fact that I bought two of those packs (1 red + 1 blue) and I couldn't recognize wich one were them. But ... Read more

Very beautifull and bright light!
    0 0
  • posted byAlexisgm on 06/19/2013

They have came with a protective bag as always so there isn't any damaged and that's great. They are very useful if you do DIY projects. None of them was broken so the delivery was perfect and the shipping was one of the faster since I bought here. None I can think of. The delivery was perfect. I think this time was the festest delivery They are perfect ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byKonan89 on 04/10/2013

Very bright, worked at (I tested between 1.8v and 5 using a 220ohm resistor). Not a single one failed me. I used it for testing my micro controller outputs. None really. They come piled in a little plastic baggie, so the leads may be a little bent, but there is no problem A 100-package would be more useful and cheaper. Maybe some more information/specs ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAlexXx7456 on 03/18/2013

Very bright, worked at (I tested between 1.8v and 5 using a 220ohm resistor). Not a single one failed me. I used it for testing my microcontroller outputs. The terminals are reversed (anode & cathode). So if you get them and they don't work, reverse the terminals and they will work. (took me a good 5-10 minutes to figure that out). I showed them ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKonan89 on 03/05/2013

Comes packed separately. Also the legs are very good and solder easily, the intensity is OK. I use them at about 20 mA and they don't burn or die fast. None really. They come piled in a little plastic baggie, so the leads may be a little bent, but there is no problem. These leds are pretty bright and work like they should. These dont consume too much ... Read more

Small but nice light Small but nice light
    0 0
  • posted bybunnybonga on 02/02/2013

Comes packed separately. Also the legs are very good and solder easily, the intensity is OK. I use them at about 20 mA and they don't burn or die fast. Weren't in stock and had to wait +1 month before shipment. If i compare the intensity with some similar leds from a local store, I notice they draw much more current than the ones from the local store,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byenriquemeira on 02/01/2013

- cheap - clear plastic - nearly all of them are working - wide angle - really bright - no legs of the LEDs were bent None really. They come piled in a little plastic baggie, so the leads may be a little bent, but there is no problem. Very very bright, very very cheap, comes in a very good package that protect it against impact. All the 10 arrived and ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections