• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very versatile stove.

posted by Richardatnz on 01/09/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This stove is powerful, easy to light and has a wide range of operation, from a gentle simmer to a fierce roar. because of the preheat tube- necessary for white spirit operation, you can up-end your gas canister and run liquid l.p.g. through it. I use the 220g bayonet fitting cans with an adapter because here in NZ they are $2.00 each rather than $8.00 or more for the screw on type.

Cons:

Some of the parts seem a little fragile (particularly the hose terminations)- but spares are easily and cheaply available on e-Bay so that is not unduly worrying. The spanner used to tighten the hose onto the firehead is understrength. It opened up the first time I tweaked the nut and now has a tendency to slip and mark the brass. This nut has to be tight or fires start in the grass!

OtherThoughts:

I am really taken by the design and love the versatility of this stove. My new favourite base camp stove. There is a hole above the gas connector- use this to light the gas or you risk getting scorched!

Bottomline:

This is a great stove- sturdy, versatile and well designed.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections