• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• good multifuel stove

posted by jrita on 05/25/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Being a multifuel stove is of particular importance to many outdoorsy people,
    Tried butane/propane and 95 gas and the burn is powerfull and steady after about a minute of so, with lots of power and control for your outdoor cockin'/snowmeltin'
    Multitool provided is adequate.
    Ignition is a breeze, just put some fuel on the priming cup and let it burn for 10 or 20 secs ( lots of soot ) and then open the fuel valve slowly.
    Stops burning relatively quickly for a multifuel stove after you shut the fuel valve off ( circa 2 minutes )

Cons:

Like any other multifuel stove, special care should be taken when using standard gasoline, nevermind tolerating the stench rubbing off on the rest of your gear. This model actually compounds this problem by the lack of a pressure release valve on the fuel pump. To counter-act this, experience with this kind of stove will eventually teach you how much pressure you have to build inside the fuel canister so as to not end your cooking with a lot of pressure still in it ( it makes the cannister very hard to unscrew from the pump and sprays gasoline everywhere )

Sounds like an airplane turbine

Manual comes in mandarin

OtherThoughts:

When i got the stove, i chose to use some sealant on the hose connections.
    Box arrive completely trashed and the pump looks like it isnt new ( lots of scratches and dents )

Theres another model here on DX ( sku.109591 ) which has the pressure release vale on the pump assembly and adds a few other things. I think that one provides even better value than this one

Bottomline:

Good value if care is taken operating it and minor hydrocarbon stench is tolerated

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections