• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Well done outdoor cooking solution

posted by 4ngry on 06/01/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Well-done stove and bottle with durable metal pump. Extremely easy ignition (compared even to much more expensive brands) and support. Strong construction allows you to boil even a pail of water. With a special pan, like n-power from primus you can boil 2 litter of snow for 3-5 minutes.

Cons:

My one were leaking in the place where pipe connects to stove. Also metal bottle leg were broken during usage, but this is no problem.

OtherThoughts:

The solution to leaking problem was easy – disassemble the pipe and cut a little piece of rubber pipe and made a gasket that fits perfectly on metal rope from stove. The useful advice to maintain a fuel pipe: if you need to cut it use sharp chisel and anvil instead of other tools, that will give you a clean cut for metal pipe jacket and rubber internal.
    We were using such stove in a winter speleological expedition for two weeks with typical temperature -20 outdoor and +6 in a cave with lots of water. The stove always had easy ignition. You need only use maintain kit to clean the hole, and sometimes get out metal rope to clean it.

Bottomline:

It is a perfect buy, I am buying another one for my wife. Also It would be helpful to have possibility to buy fuel pipe additionally, because in a hard usage it gets shortened.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections