• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Cheap sturdy stove

posted by renejose2012 on 12/09/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very cheap and strongly built. Able to burn unleaded gas, kerosene, butane, and diesel. I use it to boil 10 liters of water and cook rice(with much fiddling and adjustments) almost everyday for a month. I've already dismantled the stove and cleaned the gas generator tube after several weeks of using unleaded gasoline and i found it easy to maintain. The stove burns hot specially with 50/50 gasoline kerosene mix using the #35 jet/nipple. I would suggest using denatured alcohol in priming the stove to minimze soot. A longer time for priming kerosene is recommended. A huge fireball may occur if you shorten the priming time for kerosene so be careful.

Cons:

After using the stove for 3 weeks the pump began to leak between the aluminum pump housing and the threaded plastic plug but i was able to repair it by using epoxy on the inner side of the plug. The stove arrived with the burner bell slightly off center. I was able to cure it by removing the bell and gas generator tube/loop assembly and heatin it with a torch and nudging it straight and centered. Off center or not the stove did work fine though.

OtherThoughts:

The stove does burn fiercely and able to boil sevral liters of water in ten minutes. It is also noisy but im used to it and find the noise reassuring. Simmering is difficult, unless you are using butane for fuel, but it can be done with a little practice and a lots of fidlling.

Bottomline:

Cheap, effective, rugged, and useful. Buy one and you will not regret it. A spare flame spreader should also be included in the supplied repair kit.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections