• 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Quality cooking set for the great outdoors!

posted by Termosiitti on 01/10/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This is an awesome cooking set. It is:

- Quite light in weight

- Packs small

- Has "non-stick" coating on both sides

- Stays on your camping stove without holding the handle when you stir the food or have the stove on uneven surface, the grooves in the bottom are to thank for that and

- heats fast due to the aforementioned grooves

- Durable

Cons:

None really. The little cups that come with the pots are pretty small and I don't need them anyway as I have other dishes to eat from. The collapsing rice scoop is handy, though. Gonna use it as a ladle to scoop soup from the pot.

OtherThoughts:

The volume of the pot is just over 1 liter. I wouldn't mind if it was bigger, like 1,2-1,5 liters but it's ok for cooking for one or two people. For melting snow and ice for water it is maybe a little small..

Bottomline:

I was looking for a quality, lightweight cooking set for camping and mountaineering. The stuff they sell in my local outdoors equipment stores cost an arm and a leg and most of them don't have quite the same features as this set here. These could be a little lighter and with bigger pot, maybe, but other than that they're just awesome! If you need a quality cooking set for your outdoors expeditions, look no further!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections