Customer’s impression:
Good laser Very slim
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Fantastic Green Laser

posted by thekanester on 05/28/2007
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I received this fantastic unit last week and I've been using it every day since. I decided on the 5mW one, since my son, who is only 7 is really interested in them. I obviously would have preferred something that could burn, but that's not realistic with children...

This is my first greenie after having owned many red lasers in the < 5mW class. In terms of visibility, this is a huge step up. At night time, the beam is clearly visible and seems to go on an on. I can clearly illuminate places over a mile away.

The quality of the beam is pretty good too. Much better than I was expecting. It's nicely focussed, uniform in shape and symetrical.

Battery life is very good too. I've been using it for around 3-4 days on the original set of AAA alkalines.

The finish of the unit is good. It's made in sturdy aluminium, coated in black rubber. It also comes in a nice display case. This item really is suitable as a gift.

Cons:

I've been going easy on the button, since the other reviews I've read have identified this as a weak-spot. I think in the few days I've been using it, a little play has been introduced into the button. I don't know if this is just breaking it in, or if the play will become progressively worse. But for around £11 delivered from Hong Kong, it's not something I'm worried about. I'm just enjoying it's bounteous 532nm glow while I can!

OtherThoughts:

I'm now curious about getting something with a greater output. When I have £65 available I might go for a 200mW version. I would certainly buy some more 5mW units for friends and family.

Bottomline:

A great introduction to greenies. Yeah, wicked lasers are amazing, well built and in a different class, but if you just want to have a bit of fun with a green laser you should have no hesitation in buying one of these. They really are great.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections