DX » Community » Reviews » 2-Port eSATA + 2-Port SATA 3.0 PCI-E Express Expansion Card
  • 5 star 9 ( 82% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 18% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bychazd on 05/15/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Cheap, bootable, Esata. Cons:No manual, not even on the CD. OtherThoughts:Was happy to find this. Comparable ones cost $40 or more, and might not be bootable, a must for my SATA2 motherboard, which unfortunately defaults to SATA1 when I plug use a SATA3 SSD. I h... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypiehubbi on 04/14/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Cheap device. No problems in installing. Drivers were found automatically on Windows 7 64 bit. Came with SATA cable and drivers CD. Build quality seems solid. Cons:good product for those motherboard which has not more that 2 SATA port. Because one is use for D... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRobikas on 05/13/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Cheap device. No problems installing. Drivers were found automaticaly on Windows 7. Came with SATA cable and drivers cd. Build quality seems solid. Cons:Jumpers were set to use internal connection so i needed to change that. Nothing hard. It took forever to ship. But that... Read more

0 1
  • posted byNigel2002 on 04/05/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Is Bootable from Cheap Cons:Enclosed instructions totally incomprehensible Requires driver update (available on manufacturers site) OtherThoughts:Fortunately I read reviews before ordering and had the updated drivers ready and waiting for delivery. I was worried... Read more

1 0
  • posted byjpocx on 02/24/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It works for me on FreeBSD, right out of the box with no need to install any drivers. Cons:Selection between internal and external ports is by jumpers which is OK but on the card that I received there was no indication as to which pin was pin 1 on the jumper blocks. That... Read more

2 0
  • posted byRedMetal on 12/19/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Plugged it in my Gigabyte z77x-d3h motherboard , and without changing jumpers , it works .(Yes giving me 10 sata ports , no chipset problems) Didn't even had to install any drivers (Windows 7 64b) Cons:Sataconnectors don't sit so tight , I never move my pc case (big tower... Read more

0 0
  • posted byEspat5 on 11/26/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Cheap, works with a new driver 1.3.8.0 on Windows Vista 64. One or both ports can be by jumpers selected and used as an external Cons:On my comp was bios stop during post if SATA2 ports on mobo was in SATA or RAID mode, work fine and boot from it only if I set... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAtix07 on 09/18/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Cheap. Uses PCI-e 1X. Work out of the box no driver needed for win 7 can boot from it. As option of 2 Esata or 2 SATA (internal) or a combination of one of each set via jumper. Came with a sata cable and driver cd Cons:no raid, but with those chead card the hardware rai... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypecamino on 08/02/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Easy to install - The SATA 3 ports is 70% faster than my native SATA 2 - Firmware updates - Drivers updates - Asmedia 106X Cons:- Jumper setup OtherThoughts:An excellent option for anyone who owns a motherboard with SATA 2 and want to use a SATA 3 SSD. Not f... Read more

Performance on AMD 785G MB & Corsair Force GT
    0 0
  • posted bylinuxonly on 05/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Cheap, works out of the box in Linux (Ubuntu Oneiric) Tested to work at 6 Gbps with a SATA3 disk drive Cons:In my unit, the mapping of the ports w.r.t the jumpers was INVERTEDE as compared to the documentation - be aware of that and try inverting before thinki... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections