DX » Community » Reviews » Soldering Remover (3mm x 1.5M)
  • 5 star 12 ( 92% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byDrBig on 09/30/2013

Nice soldering remover wick. Great for that price. usefoul enough...Nice soldering remover wick. Great for that price. usefoul enough... Nothing really, just the usual copper wick material...Nothing really, just the usual copper wick material buy it recomended for that price if you are DIY in electronic...buy it recomended for that price if you are ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMrDaveS on 09/30/2012

DX shipped the real RMA version, with the white oval on the left unlike the picture, the fake ones are not fluxed, therefore perform poorly I had bought 1 from a local store and it looks like the one in the picture and it's not fluxed therefore it performs poorly Wicks solder VERY quickly The plastic goes malleable after heating for a short while, i ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLFHARTMANN2005 on 09/25/2012

- It is really cheap, compared to an equivalent product at the local store. - It really does the work. - You can use it for desoldering components and tinning your homemade PCBs. None I can think of. - You should use it with a large soldering tip and with a higher temperature than you normally solder components. - I should have bought 5 instead of just ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCataVP on 02/16/2012

It is a cheap solder wick . It is easy to use and can be great if you do a little trick. What can I say I bought 2 at this price you won't find better The solder won't stick to it so you need to use the soldering iron on it a bit longer then it should. - coul be cheaper ; add some flux to it If you put some flux on it before using it will do the job ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byCoverUp on 08/02/2011

It work just like it has to do it's cheaper than the well know brands and if you remember that this stuff is for been trashed it's ok i'm not really sure what kind of flux it has (if any) but of course it's not a good one. But you can allways use your prefered one. I tested this with TRH, 1206, 0805 and SOIC. But i don't recomend this for MSOP. You ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrndhg1vom24e7 on 06/25/2011

Works fine. Heck of a lot cheaper than my on line electronics supplier and a good brand too. I got two of these for far less than one of my supplier's same product. The wick has good flux in it -- which means it sucks up lots of solder without excessive heat. I didn't buy three? I can't think of anything negative about Goot desoldering braid. If you ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrugvlad on 05/21/2011

There's nothing wrong with this solder remover. -I wanted the 3.5 mm but this one does the job to. Make sure that you're soldering station or iron has enough power to work with these. I have a 30 W soldering station which is not enough, it doesn't heat the solder remover enough so I had to buy another soldering station. To use these you need to change ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynotexa on 04/18/2011

- Good packaging, the wick comes out easily. - The wick is covered in flux, this makes it easy to remove solder. Most budget wicks don't have this (or at least not enough) - Good suck capacity, the wick can take a lot of solder per inch. We need longer wicks of this quality (not really a negative, I know) As with soldering, the use of a wick requires ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylegendofpedro on 04/16/2011

Removes solder amazingly well. The flux that it is pre-impregnated with work well and is easy to clean up with a solvent such as isopropyl alcohol. None. Just remember to buy a few rolls; the only con is when you run out! It's quite wide (3mm) so absorbs from large pads well. When heated it fits into little spaces so can absorb from smaller pads too,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrecluse on 03/10/2010

This is about the best solder wick you can buy. I've been and electronics Tech for 22 years and have used a great variety of different brands, Goot is as good as it gets. The copper braid was perfect and un-oxidized out of the pack, and was covered with flux just as it should be. none, get it if you need to remove solder with precision Using desoldering ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections