Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent microphone

posted by FragFrog on 05/12/2013
    2 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The microphone feels sturdy; outside is mostly made of metal, the tripod has quite a few metal parts, and the cable that connects it is quite thick.

Sound quality is superb, at least compared to anything else in its price-range. Much, much better than the microphone in my regular headset, the build-in microphone in my webcam, and infinitely better than my blutooth headset.

The cable is not only thick and sturdy, it is also nicely long. The 3-pin connector means you can also plug this baby in on more professional equipment.

Cons:

Picks up a bit of noise; probably easily avoidable using a screen filter though.

It is also very large; you can use it as a regular voice-communication microphone, but then it will clutter up your desk.

OtherThoughts:

If you are considering making recordings of musical instruments, you can buy a $100+ professional microphone and separate stand. Or, you can buy this for a fraction of the price and get a sound quality that is almost as good to the casual listener - and if you like it, you can always get a professional microphone later.

Bottomline:

Great mic for the price. If the sound quality of skype conversations has bugged you, get it. If you want to narrate your youtube video's without sounding like you are talking through a cellphone, get it. If you like to record yourself playing some guitar, well, you can get a different one, but it won't be as great value for money as this - so get it!

• Microphone in box
    • Back of the box
    • All the included parts
    • Unboxing video of SKU91752

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections