Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Decent product

posted by objeturg on 09/23/2012
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Not overheating. Cheap price, good chipset.

Cons:

Build quality seems to be not the best i have seen around here. USB connector is soldered and/or made of such a soft material that you'll have to be extremely careful when handling and using this stick. Even small cable movement will bend this connector easily! Stick's case is badly designed and don't support USB connector almost not at all, so all the pressure goes to soldering part.

OtherThoughts:

For TV-usage this works OK under Windows 7 only when you use DVBViewer Pro. Presto PVR! what is to be found on included CD plays TV poorly, audio stream is awfully delayed and no settings where you can fix or set this. App is overall very basic and laggy. You can save FM stream as well, but no many format choices given here, only one: m$hit's 128kbit wma. There's an update function built-in but no any updates are found. Using radio part is kinda poor as well because of the same crappy app. When you listen to radio, forget about browsing the web on the same time. Audio starts cracking and skipping when you surf around web. So really, not much choices here to play FM. Remote control works but you have to press very hardly these buttons and RC working distance is so short that basically makes RC almost useless. Included antenna is totally useless junk, except maybe when you live in TV tower. :)

Bottomline:

Drivers under Linux compile without the problems, but Linux driver still seems to be totally buggy. I was able to find only 1 MUX of 3 using Linux drivers. Under Windows 7 tuner did found all the three without any problems and signal is strong enough in my area, so can't really blame poor reception here.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections