DX » Community » Reviews » CF to IDE Adapter (DMA Support)
  • 5 star 7 ( 88% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 12% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byErnestass on 01/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Does what it is supposed to - plug in a CF Card and it is like SSD disk. I think its performance is a bit lower than the CF Card's original. I've used it to for my old laptop with a IDE connection because nowadays it is hard to find cheap HDD - IDE drive. Cons... Read more

0 0
  • posted byNemerix2 on 12/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works fine. I have tried it with two CF cards, one 1GB and one 8GB. No problems. Works both directly on IDE port with a 44 pin flat cable and through IDE to USB adapter. Pin 1 is clearly marked. Bright LED for operation. Master slave selectable through jumper.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLemmingsInBlack on 06/11/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Faster than most adapters on this site (DMA or not) Cons:- These are a tiny bit longer than a laptop drive, so if you plan to use one of these to replace such a drive, make sure you have an extra mm or so. (Width-wise they're the same or one mm larger.) - Has intermit... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymikes78 on 04/19/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This item is hard to write negatives about. if you wanted a smaller form factor CF card reader there are other ones out there (SKU 10310 for example), but this one is handy if you need to get something that is closer to the original 2.5 inch drive form factor... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydxped01 on 04/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Does what it is supposed to - plug in a CF Card and done is your low-cost 'SSD'. Performance in line with the CF Card's original Performance. I've used it to replace the 500MB Drive of a 15 year old Notebook with a 128-512MB CF Card and that worked flawlessly.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRecyclerMan on 11/13/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Well can't find this in NZ easily so good buy. Now am able to Use up some of my CF cards. Using a slim os on a old laptop as a test and the thing runs relay well. Cons:well it has no screw holes or brackets to match up to a hard drive caddy for a laptop. for o... Read more

0 0
  • posted bystaps on 03/19/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:I was able to remove an old noisy IDE 2.5" drive from my vaio pcg-sr9, and replace it with a 4gb CF card (sandisk extreme III). Fits the 2.5" bay dimensions perfectly. Cons:There is an extra pin on the IDE interface that I needed to bend out of the way by hand... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhcaaman on 02/10/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:-better suited for most applications -easier to insert in most laptops due to sliding-insertion technique -same size as a standard 2.5 inch hard drive Cons:-single CF (i've seen some that fit 2 CF cards into the same formfactor) OtherThoughts:I use this for a... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections