Customer’s impression:
works as advertised
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Power adapter presented troubles

posted by grasnal on 07/04/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Price.

Cons:

In addition to what was written by me in a previous review, I would like to add what follows : After a recent use I pull out from electric socket this and one of the prongs/terminals remained on the electric socket. In order to verify what happened , I opened the adapter and the wire of this prong was broken, probably due an extra retaining force from the wall socket. I machined a new brass prong and adapted it to the adapter and til now it is working fine.

OtherThoughts:

By the way, I have discovered the reason for the “rattle” that I mentioned in the other review : there was an electrolytic capacitor completely loosen inside of the cover of adapter. The weld was not well done. It is a miracle that I have not have troubles. I took this chance to redo several welds that were “cold”. I guess that there is a long way to improve the quality control of Chinese items, right now.

Bottomline:

I would not buy this item again, due to it's fragility and bad quality control.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections