Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Build an awesome atmosphere

posted by Tamaroa on 01/25/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- Nice orange-more-than-yellow glow.

- It really imitates the flickering of regular candles, with a random effect.

- The plastic frosted cups look like glass and really "sells" the candle effect.

- It does actually last 12 hours, and using the recharging base is a breeze.

- Not dangerous when you have kids around, so you can let them have one of them in their bedroom.

- 12 is a lot ! Personnally, I really think it worths the price.

Cons:

- The plastic frosted cups are fragile... but I believe glass would be too. One of mine arrived cracked, but in one piece.

- I wish the glow was a little more yellow, like on the photos on DX. Because I find it too much orange. That's the only point that might make some people think these are not real candles.

- Brightness is somehow limited. You would need several of those to actually see around, compared to the same amount of real candles. But for decoration or atmosphere, it will do the job.

OtherThoughts:

- Since there is no smoke emission and no fresh air needed for operation, you can set them up in places where you wouldn't expect to find a blowing candle, like some kind of glass closet.

- You can set them up in your car while parking at night, and watch the reaction of people around, as once inside the frosted cup, you can't really tell if it's real candle or not. Spooky... or gothic !

Bottomline:

If you're a restaurant, or serving food somewhere, you definitely need those candles.

If you're looking to decorate your place when dawn strikes, go for it, you won't be disappointed.

If you're looking for a nice present, this item will please the person.... especially for the symbol it represents : offering lightning to someone is a very powerful symbol.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections