DX » Community » Reviews » MEIKE 5500K 32-LED White Macro Ring Flash Light for Canon DSLR (4 x AA)
  • 5 star 8 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Good product
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bydanilo000 on 08/04/2014

Pros: Good quality, works fine! Good light! Fits Perfect! Cons: No cons Read more

Impression:Good product;

0 1
  • posted byjaimefranco on 05/09/2014

features of left, right half , continuous light, dimmability are good. I tried it on a 50mm lens with a long extension tube and it does a good work also at a centimeter from the object. On first sight battery door looks like a problem, but for now they work very well. Anyway, it would be better to be gentle with it. Second, light could be brighter. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byuffelpuff on 08/30/2013

1. Good fitting on the camera 2. Cheap price 3. realy good building quality by the looks on the outside of the unit. 1. opened up mine and it had a 3 bad solders on the PCB inside the main unit and 2 inside on the led ring pcb but nothing a small soldering iron couldent fix. bad soldering is a very bad thing and if u leave them not only might they give ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhubert19 on 07/23/2013

All things works fine Good ergonomy / easy to use All/Right/Left bank setting for shadow plays All functions works as you expected Powered by 4xAA batteries (as many other flash lights) Not so high light output, but for small things far enough Suprisingly works fine. Built quality is quite good and ergonomy is good as well. Suitable for any amateur ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byElektro84 on 03/16/2013

Good product, very well made, good quality and solid material. Recycle time is great, and there isn’t any noise (I saw much more expensive flashes that make more noises then light). It is great flash for macro photography, or even close up portrait. Bigger distance requires bigger flash (and more money). Price for this flash is more than fair. On first ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byteifspa on 03/13/2013

features of left, right half , continuous light, dimmability are good. I tried it on a 50mm lens with a long extension tube and it does a good work also at a centimeter from the object. a bit noisy when the continuous light is reduced of power. some difficulties to close the battery door with the batteries on. plastic is light but it is ok for the price ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bystnzx on 03/07/2013

A lot of light and a lot of adapter rings, so it fits on most common lenses up to 77mm. I found no vignetting on the 50mm lenses till now, and battery life is more than reasonable MEIKE 5500K 32-LED White Macro Ring Flash Light for Canon DSLR (4 x AA) has good built quality although it's plastic sometimes a bit of reflection onto the lens It is a bit ... Read more

Meike flashgun boxed Meike flashgun and rings Meike flashgun unpacked
    0 0
  • posted byDogboy88k on 11/06/2012

Works both as a flash (shutter button activated) and constant light. White colour to my eye. I needed to remove my UV filter to get the mounting ring threaded to the lens. But after that, very easy to put on and take off. Multiple levels of brightness Shame I cant put a filter on as well as the mounting ring. The mounting ring is plastic, so I gather ... Read more

0 1
  • posted byblack7np on 07/22/2012

Cheap Batteries last a long time Good power for LEDs A breeze to pop on and off Good build quality Not strong enough for macro key lighting Diffusion is not great so you see lots of little dots I take lots of bug macros and I Bought this thinking I would be able to light up macro subjects, but LEDs are no where near the power of flash. It does work ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bycircuitzolder on 05/23/2012

easy to use simple to attach fits to all sizes of lenses light can be on for video Well built lightweight batteries last relatively long almost white light missing flash defuser 77mm lens you'll get a silhouette aroud the edges. Never expected that this ~$40 would give me this much satisfaction. I only miss some defuser to make the light a little bit ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections