• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
Good product
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Interesting toy for very low price

posted by Ciunot on 03/15/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Well built, lightweight, easy to use, batteries last relatively long, almost white light, useful for the purpose in some regards even better than a real ring flash, very chip comparing to the real ones, doesn't need TTL measuring, as a matter of fact has it when using it as continuous light source

Cons:

Not enough bright so that must be used with high ISO settings, at least ISO 400 if used with APS or full format sensor camera considering the very shallow depth of field of those formats which must be overwhelmed with relatively small aperture, at least f/9 or f/11, depends on the subject flatness after all

OtherThoughts:

I used it with EOS 450D & EF-S 18-55mm 3,5-5,6 II lens and extension tubes from 12 - 31mm and with Sony DSC V-3 with adapter for 52mm thread and macro filters +1 and +2 together! The filters don't magnify enough (I will buy me a +8 from DX, it's only about $7), but the depth of field is great!

Bottomline:

I had very nice playing with it and everyone who is not a professional macro photographer should buy it instead of at least ten times more expensive ring flash and ten times more expensive macro lens (in my case I spared about $1000) and made good enough macro shots which I uploaded here, so that everyone could see for himself what is getting g with buying this inexpensive toy!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections