DX » Community » Reviews » T6 XML-T6 3-Mode 900-Lumen White LED Bike Light with Battery Pack Set
  • 5 star 21 ( 75% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 25% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• VERY bright and good throw, SPOT light.

posted by daihard on 12/27/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very bright light, came with a head mount that I had to modify to use on my helmet.

EXTREMELY BRIGHT SPOT with a weak wide spill.

Nice battery light

Small and light

Back lights up with a nice green glow

Glowing seal rings

Cable length is sufficient for mounting on the bike. (I have a 19" frame)

Stays mounted in place with mounting rings, however I needed to add a rubber strip to keep it from sliding down.

I've read/heard that the T6 XML-T6 LED is more efficient then the SSC P7s... so "probably" expect a longer brighter burn time.

Cons:

VERY BRIGHT center spot, so much that it over powers the spill.

The mounting surfaces are flawed in design. There is plastic teeth, however on the sides of the mounting base there is raised SMOOTH plastic. Which makes it very slick and prone to angling down/up during a rocky downhill.

The cable length is a tad short if you want to head mount. I placed the battery pack in my lower back biking shirt pocket.... but nothing lower.

OtherThoughts:

The light is VERY BRIGHT. Much brighter then my 900 lumen SSC pocket light.

The spill - throw is a bit of a joke, Its a LASER frankly. I mounted it on my helmet, and even that was hard to use trail riding at night.

I found a diffuser on Amazon and E-Bay that may solve the spot problem. Also another member mentioned to light SAND the glass lens.

Ill give both a try and post results.

Bottomline:

This is a great light, its simple and cheap.

The size and and weight are wonderful for short INTENSE trail riding at night.

The spot is really TOO much for Mt. Biking. If your street riding, then maybe...maybe its okay.

But when your biking, you dont need to see obstacles 100 meters away, you need to see EVERYTHING 20 meters away.

If you can find a diffuser, then this probably is the best value for your money.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections