Customer’s impression:
Bright solid cheap Waterproof Very bright light
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Great value light

posted by th3pr4wn on 05/20/2013
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I was sceptical of the quality of this light given its very low price and high power claims but was convinced by other reviews.
    It is indeed a very powerful light with a strong centre beam and good spill/spread for road use. It claims 900 lumen on full and has a low power setting which is supposed to be 200 lumens and is still probably plenty for most road riding. The third mode is flashing at full power and is wquite strong.
    The case looks well made, machining and anodising of the alumininium are good quality. I opened up the light and it is neat and clean inside. The light gets warm when on full power but not what I would consider hot and when riding with airflow it would barely even be warm. Battery seems soldily packed and wrapped.

Cons:

Charger doesn't come with AU plugs so I need an adaptor to charge. I wonder if I could use any 8.4V charger safely? Is the over charge protection in the charger or in the cells?

OtherThoughts:

Some people think that using rubber bands or o-rings is not a good way to mount the light. I think it is great, its nice and easy to put on and take off, it doesn't take up much room or mark the handlebars.

Bottomline:

I'll be buying another one for a friend. Great light at this price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections