• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Does the job as a bench supply

posted by VintagePC on 09/03/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Low-price bench supply.

I tinker with PCs a lot an occasionally find myself needing a 12v power source that can provide some current. Rather than dig up a PC power supply, this fills the gap nicely.

Cons:

Light; Very light for a higher-current supply. Not sure if I'd trust this to continuous duty, as one thing that I find holds true for power supplies is that the weight is a measure of quality.

I'd be interested in seeing the quality of power this outputs, but I don't have a scope to test it.

OtherThoughts:

Still makes a great general-purpose supply, especially for me. I usually use it to test stuff and muck around with electronics projects - and for the type of stuff I do, at this price it doesn't matter if something fries the supply, or if the supply goes south.

Bottomline:

I'd call this a good "disposable" power supply for quick and dirty jobs or testing. If you want something that can handle constant load or continuous use, I'd probably look elsewhere out of habit, but it may well be suited to that as well.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections